- IoT Integration in the Manufacturing Environment Towards Industry 4.0 Applications
- Predicting retail business success using urban social data mining
- Mobile Text Entry Behaviour in Lab and In-the-Wild studies: Is it different?
- Investigating Error Injection to Enhance the Effectiveness of Mobile Text Entry Studies of Error Behaviour
- Joint Proceeding of the Poster and Workshop Sessions of AmI-2019, the 2019 European Conference on Ambient Intelligence
- Performance of Raspberry Pi microclusters for Edge Machine Learning in Tourism
- Discovering User Location Semantics using Mobile Notification Handling Behaviour
- Improving Hydroponic Agriculture through IoT-enabled Collaborative Machine Learning
- Internet of things applications on monitoring hydroponics through wireless sensor networks
- Building an Industrial IoT Infrastructure with open Source Software for Smart Energy
I gave an invited talk at a 2-day workshop (17-18/3/2015) titled "Sustainable Mobility in the context of the Smart City". The talk focused on the potential of harvested data from social media, as a cheap and valuable resource that can inform urban planning.
The slides are attached (however, it's in Greek only!).
As part of my ongoing research, I have been collecting Foursquare check-in data for the city of Patras since June 2012. Recently I made a short video that shows the spatial analysis of these check-ins for two months (21/11/2014-21/1/2015) and depicts the city's urban social context for that period.
You can see the video here